Thursday, May 8, 2008

Flowers and the Ocean

Josiah is finally growing! He's not gaining much weight, but he's getting taller! Since January he's grown 2 1/2 inches! Now he's 33 inches tall! Yay! I haven't decided if I want to let his hair grow out or cut it, so it's staying the way it is until I make up my mind. We hear from Earl pretty often, and he is really staying busy. Hopefully the time is going faster for him then it is for us. :-) But we are staying busy too, between smelling the flowers and playing in the sand:

This is Joey at my neighbors house. The girls really love him, and he adores the "grrrrs."



Joey and Allie taking a ride in the Food Lion car after a quick grocery shopping trip.

"I Want Muscles." And if you can't tell, he's showing his muscles. He makes a cute grunting noise when he does this. He wore this shirt to the gym one day this week.

This is our first trip to the beach this summer: Joey, Adison, Allie, and Garrett. We really miss you, Earl, but we know you're not a beach bum, so you probably wouldn't mind missing out on all the sand and salt. Joey still isn't crazy about the cold water. He runs from the waves as they roll up the beach. But, as you can see, he loves the sand, and playing with water in his buckets.
Squeezing the sand.
Pouring out the water that we kept making trips up and down the beach to get for the kids.





He was overdue for a nap, and wasn't happy.
The kiddos with their toys.
"Cheese!"
Garrett and Joey





Joey and Adison.

Garrett and Allie.





Look at all that hair blowing in the wind. :-)


Ah yes, clean from the beach showers and dry, taking a nap on the ride home. (I took this picture at a red light, don't worry, not driving and snapping pictures backwards at the same time).




I'm sure there will be tons more beach pictures this summer, but I can't ever get tired of taking them. Except I may have messed up my camera this time....oops. Sorry, Earl! (He just bought it for me for Christmas because I broke my last camera).
We miss you Earl, please stay safe and hurry home soon. We want to bury you in the sand and splash you with the water!