Thursday, November 8, 2007

Angie and Joey

I thought of a couple more Joey stories to pass on that I forgot last update. Joey likes to get into the dog food and grab a handful (or two) of it and feed it to the dogs, one piece at a time. He will make them follow him around the house sniffing his hands. He giggles and walks, and looks back to make sure they are following him. It's very cute. The other day he was doing that right before we left to go to the post office to mail Angie a package. I didn't notice until we were waiting in line that he had his 2 handfuls of dogfood still, clutched tightly in each fist. He was so tired when we left the house, he totally forgot he had them. He never opened his hand once to look at them or anything. Eventually, I got him to empty one hand for me, but he didn't really want to, and seemed surprised to find them still in his hand.
Also the other day, when we were at Jennifer's house, playing with Deja and Kiara, Joey walked across the room to me, popping his lips the entire way, until he got to me and leaned up for a kiss. He's never done that before!!! He's given me those cute baby open-mouthed kisses, but not popped his lips trying to pucker. It was so precious! Then he smiled at me and went back to playing, and a few minutes later, he did it again! I was so happy! He did that about 4 times. He hadn't done it since, until tonight, he did it once again. He seems so proud of himself and happy when he gets me to kiss him. But he won't do it if I ask him to.


We woke up today a little more sick than we had been. I thought we were getting better, but now we're coughing even more. Above is a picture of Joey mid-cough. I didn't intend to catch him that way, but I did.



Angie emailed me the next two pictures from Iraq. She got to leave her base briefly for the first time a few days ago. The base she went to was named Camp Koch! (my maiden name, her last name). Very cool!