Sunday, November 2, 2008

Boys and Their Toys

From the title Boys and Their Toys, you'd probably think this blog is about Joey.
Nope! Earl and his buddy Chris couldn't wait to get their new Harley's broken in really good, so we drove an hour and half to Clinton, NC this past weekend for their Toy Run/Bike Show/Car Show fundraiser for U-Care, who helps out victims of domestic abuse.
We had to leave at 8:30am, so it was freezing outside. This is me and Earl.^

Michelle and Chris.

It's getting warmer, and Michelle's smiling bigger! ^


I like to take pictures while riding, it gives me something to do. :-)




Chris and Michelle mulling over their vote for people's choice award for the car show. (i forgot to get a picture of those cars)






Earl



This is my favorite picture of Chris and Michelle^ She looks like a speed demon. :-)

Earl and Chris








Chris and Michelle^

Me and Earl, on a pit stop during the group ride.




The bikes in front of us on the group ride.

Michelle took some pictures of me and Earl while riding too!



This was our "rest area" at the half way point of the group ride.



Earl.






This Michelle and Earl with their spoils--they are very lucky people. We had raffle drawings and they both won, but me and Chris did not. Michelle won the hat. Earl won a gallon of paint (lol, obviously couldn't bring that back on the bike, so he gave it away), and some t-shirts and an Advance Auto Parts gift card, and a tire rotation, and a makeup brush set (gave that to Michelle's little girl, Allie). Earl and me had 4 raffle tickets. At first I held 2 and he held 2. In that first round of drawings, he won with both his tickets. Then the next round, when I was holding the tickets--nothing. Then the 3rd round, when I gave Earl the tickets to hold, he won them both again! Not sure why he hasn't won us the Powerball lottery yet, though.
Both Chris and Earl got an award at the show. They were so proud (and we're proud too!). Chris won Best in Show, and Earl won (i think) the people's choice award called "Britney's Choice" (or maybe it was just her choice? I don't know. She's the high school student that organized the event that day. Earl wonders if she was choosing the bike or him. he he. Anyway, they weren't too clear on what the awards meant so the important thing is that he won. He has that award on our dresser in our bedroom. :-)


Walking away with the awards.


The bikes with their awards.
More award posing.







Me and my honey.
Thanks Angie for watching Joey (and Allie). We appreciate it soooooo much! When you have kids I'll watch them all day every day whenever you want! (I say that because she claims she'll never have kids) he he.