Monday, March 9, 2009

Go Fly a Kite

Joey got some more Cars tattoos the other day, and wanted Daddy to put them on him. He likes having tattoos like Daddy.



The other day while riding in the car home from Angie's house in Fayetteville, Joey was playing with his toy snakes in the back seat. (You'll need some background to this first: since my laser eye surgery, my eyes are extra dry in the mornings, and I need eye drops. Joey sometimes hands them to me in the mornings when he's rushing me to get up.) Anyway, he said, "They're all asleep." I said, okay. He said, "They're moving, they're waking up." I said, good. He said, "They take their eye medicine." I laughed.

Another story about the snakes (same car ride). He has 2 kinds of toy snakes, the cobras with the extended necks, and just regular ones. All different colors. Anyhow, he pulled out a cobra and said, "This is a cobra." And I was impressed that he remembered that from when I taught him that a few days ago. Then he asked what kind the other snake was, without the big neck. I told him I didn't know. Knowning his uncle is a reptile genius, he replied, "I'll ask Uncle Bubba." I thought that was so cute.








Joey also got a Cars kite.



He flies a kite better than Earl. :)












We still don't know where we're moving yet. Hopefully we'll find out this week sometime. Right now it looks like Earl will go to his school beginning of May, for 2 weeks. Then he'll come back here and we'll move mid-May, or at least start the process of selling our house and then looking for a new one wherever we're going. That could change, but that's the plan for the moment. They tried to send Earl to Bahrain, in the Middle East, by himself for a year. But once they found out he was married, they agreed to find him another spot. So that's what we're waiting on.
Happy Birthday Wanda!