Friday, March 13, 2009

Quality Time

We went to Fayetteville to visit Angela last weekend and I'm just getting around to posting pictures. I have a few new stories to share, too!
This is Josiah (today, he wants me to call him Josiah--yesterday he picked Joey) throwing pine cones at a park near Angela's house.

I've been emailing myself little stories so I wouldn't forget to post them. I feel like I spend most of the day on the computer, so emailing to myself is faster than writing them down. Ha ha. The other day he was playing with playdough, and he said he was making an aligator. Then he said, "remember, I saw an aligator in my bed and it was talking to me?" I said that I didn't remember that and asked when. He said, "one day. three days." I said, oh okay, what did it say? He said, "It was talking to me and it said it loves me."

Angela tried to get Josiah to roll down the hill, but he wasn't having it. He'd scoot on his butt, but wouldn't try to roll for some reason. I missed the pictures of Angela trying to demonstrate.




I'm very excited to enroll Joey in a preschool when we move. He did so good learning so fast, the alphabet and numbers and colors and animals and everything. But now I have no idea what I'm supposed to be encouraging him to learn. I think he'd really benefit to go to a preschool a couple days a week that's an actual school, rather than a daycare. I'll check into that when we move I guess.

Right now, Josiah usually asks me to leave his door open when he goes to bed. For a couple nights he was trying to get me to leave the big light on, too, like he was afraid of the dark, but I don't think he is. We are all still adjusting to the time change. He rarely takes naps during the day anymore. He's using some more unique names when he names his toys and animals. Yesterday, he said an elephant in a book was named "Zoomy." Also, he named his "porcupine balls" (he gets them out of the vending machines at Food Lion, they have strings and are mushy balls with rubbery spikey things on them). He calls them things like "Mommy's friend" and "Bradley's friend."

Earl told me this story when he got home from the store with Josiah:
Earl turned the car too deep and it rubbed.
Josiah said, "You tooted."
Earl said, "No, buddy, I didn't. The car did."
Josiah thought, then said "The car don't have a butt."
Earl said, "No it doesn't, but the car made a noise."
Josiah said, "Your butt made a noise!"
I see he gets his maturity from Earl.



Angela wanted a picture beside the Pet Waste sign. She practically begged me.






Beware, if you're not around, Josiah may blame you for something. He found a paint stain on the garage floor the other day (it was here when we moved in).
He asked me, "Did you do that, Mom?"

Me: "No, Daddy must have did it."

"Daddy, did you do it?"

Earl: "No, I didnt do it."

Joey: "Probably it was Sandrina."
I cracked up. No clue why he decided to blame Sandrina, it was out of the blue.


Josiah likes the window down in the car so he can "taste the wind." He says it's yummy.
Lately, he's been calling us Mom and Dad more than Mommy or Daddy. He's growing up, I guess. He's doing better using the toilet. Everyday, he uses it at least once or twice. He likes to go a little in there, then stop it, then stand up and flush (his training toilet has noises and voices when you flush) then sit down and let some more flow, then stop, and get up and flush again. Then sit down and finish the job. He obviously has control of his bladded. Ha ha. Not sure why he hates underwear so much. I bought him Cars and Diego and plain white ones, and he still hates them. I have to bribe him to get him to wear them. He prefers diapers still.