Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kicking off the new year

Me and Earl actually stayed up to watch the ball drop this year. We don't usually. We're such old fogeys. We are usually asleep by 11:30 at the latest. But we made it this year, and watched Robbie Kneivel do a jump after midnight.
Josiah goes through phases with his Christmas toys. For at least a whole week, this yellow Hummer was his favorite (he still plays with it everyday--he loves opening the doors). He drives it around saying "This is my Hummer Pawpaw George and Nana got me!" over and over and over again. He knows what the hood is, and knows what's under the hood (engine).


We went to a little get together wtih some families of the guys Earl works with the other night. It was nice, although I didn't get to socialize much since Josiah couldn't be trusted alone on the bounce house or trampoline or tire swing.
This is Earl's friend, Burns, that will probably be moving with us to VA when we go. They're both doing the same job. We still don't have definite word that we're going to Chesapeake, but we're hoping so. Earl (and Burns) report in for the school for security forces (their new job) in May and it should only be 2-3 weeks long. Then Earl will come back here and pack up me and Joey and we'll take a few weeks off probably before permanently moving to VA (well, permanently meaning about 3 years).


Joey got to ride a tire swing for the first time.







And was on a huge trampoline too! He loved it. We had to wait for the big kids to get off before Joey could get on. He wasn't happy about waiting.








Earl and some of his buddies and co workers--some of the staff nco's.






Joey loves chocolate pop tarts.

He definitely watched too much TV the past couple weeks while Earl was on leave. It's the only way we got to get a couple extra minutes in the mornings before having to get up.
Joey continues to amaze me everyday with his speech. It may or may not be average for his age, but he just surprises me with how he uses his language. Like the other day he said, "I hear Kiwi, but I don't see her." (I don't think I've ever heard him use "but" and he used it correctly!) I'm just so impressed! His sentences are really filling out and becoming proper, not fragments. He asks thinks like, "Can I take my Rescue Pack in the bookstore with me?"
On a sad note, Earl has a brother in law in the hospital. He has many ailments, including problems with his heart, lungs, kidneys and brain. Please keep Gary and his family, especially his son Charlie, in your prayers.