Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another haircut and the reassembly of Green Daddy

I thought Joey's world had come to an end when he had to witness Thor and Lars tear Green Daddy's arm from his cute, green and fuzzy body. Joey handled it surprisingly well. He yelled at Thor to stop, which didn't help, and when I finally got it out of Thor's mouth and Joey saw what happened, he repeated my scolding to Thor ("Bad Dog!"), with the finger pointing and everything.


I told Joey I would fix it, but I couldn't find my needle and thread. So we had to go to the store to buy the stuff to fix Green Daddy. Joey stays pretty calm and patient till I finally finished.


Also, before going to the gym one morning, I was going to trim Joey's mohawk. Just trim it. It was getting too long. But I put the wrong size guards on the clippers and cut it too short...you couldn't even really tell it was a mohawk anymore. :-( So I had to just shave it off. Broke my heart. I think it really fit his wild and crazy and fun personality. I know some people didn't like it, but if you spent just a few minutes with Joey while he had that hairstyle, you would see it fit him well. Anyhow, I really planned on keeping the mohawk until Earl got home to see it in person, but now it's gone. We'll do it again sometime.





Now he's just my little baldy, like his dad.




He made me buy the biggest balloon in the Food Lion check out.



My repairs of Green Daddy went pretty easy, but didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Who knew that just because it looks right when you start sewing, doesn't mean it will stay right. The arm twists backwards and gets sewn too close to the neck and the chest. He's a little deformed.
The arm doesn't just hang down like it's supposed to either.

But Joey loves him just the same! :-) Thank goodness Earl is bringing an extra Green Daddy from Iraq. We will probably need it sooner rather than later. Maybe you should buy 2, Earl. (Love you honey, see you in a couple weeks!!!)