Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hanging our signs

Me and Joey hung up our welcome home signs for Earl today along a fence on the side of the road, hoping Earl sees them as he busses in to Camp Lejeune from Cherry Point. I forgot to tell him ahead of time where to look, so he might miss them at first. But I'll drive him there to see them later if he does. He's never actually seen any of his signs as he comes home from deployments, because something always happens to them! One year someone must have liked the spot I got, because they ripped my sign down to put theirs up, and left mine in the ditch. Then I took theirs down and put mine back up. Then days later when they took it down again, mine was gone...they got rid of it. :-( The last deployment I hung up my sign and the people in charge of cleaning those up must have thought mine was part of the previous unit's signs (who had returned weeks earlier)--and cleaned off the whole fence assuming we just left them there. So Earl didn't see those either! This year I spent much LESS time and effort on them.


Allie and Joey played this morning while I went to a DRs appointment about my back (turns out there's NOBODY that accepts my insurance nearby to do scoliosis surgery, so who knows what's going to happen about that).








My stupid pant leg is up because (and you can see where Joey gets it), I stepped in a MASSIVE red ant hill--I have no idea how I didn't see it, but I got covered in red ants and they were biting me like crazy, I was afraid they'd climb up my legs, so I rolled up my pant legs as I was smacking them off. I guess I forgot and left it up--even all through Food Lion, where I went after hanging the signs! How embarrassing.
Didn't feel like walking around and Michelle thought she'd be clever and take unflattering pictures of me jumping over the fence (she didn't take a picture when I fell on the ground though, so that was nice) :-)
Climbing back over (didn't fall this time).
Joey helped me paint both signs (see his handy work along the edges?)



Next time I post pictures will be of Earl's return!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting.