Friday, October 3, 2008

It's OCTOBER!

We could not be happier that October is here and we have only DAYS (not months!) until Earl gets back! We miss him so much. Him being gone these past 7 months have felt like me and Joey were missing part of our bodies, like a hand, or an arm, or maybe it's more like a pinky...maybe the pinky toe of our feet... :-)
Anyway, this month brings excitement into our day. Everyday we talk about Daddy coming home...sometimes I bring him up and sometimes Joey does. Joey's very happy that he and his daddy have things in common: ("I'm a boy, Daddy's a boy!")




We still have no idea what day Earl will be here. We're hoping to find out soon! I don't think I can post it here when we do find out, but I'll be calling and emailing and whatever I have to do to let everyone know, don't worry!


Maybe I dress him in clothes that are too big for him, so that it makes him look smaller, and I can pretend he's not growing up too fast. :-)



Joey is trying to outgrow his naps. I'm not happy about that. Some days I'll lay him down and he'll chit chat to himself for 20 minutes, then scream "I want down!" for 20 min. before I give in and get him, knowing he won't go to sleep. But other days, like today (Thank you Jesus!), he falls asleep pretty fast and sleeps his usual naptime (about 2 hours).



Watching TV in the prone postion




He loved helping with one of Earl's welcome home signs. We have a few more to make, but I have to go buy some more paint!







"Mom, I made a mess on my finger"


"Please, Lord, let Daddy come home to Joey's house very very soon, but in the meantime, please let Mom buy more paint so I can make more signs"
Actually--he's just looking at the birds.


Joey and Green Daddy coming down the slide at McDonalds today.

My friend Mandy (fresh from getting a stylish haircut!) and her daughter Kori.

We have less than 2 weeks till Earl gets here, hopefully, so we have quite a bit to get done. I have to remember what he likes to eat, stock the fridge, do some cleaning so I don't have to worry about it when he gets here, finish up the welcome home signs, and open these christmas presents he's already ordered for me and they are calling my name "open me Gail, I'm yours! Don't wait for Christmas"

Love you Earl, can't wait to hear from you...(hint hint). See you soon!!! Oh yeah, Earl, we're going to have a hand-held sign too, so you can find us easier...Remember last time? Me and Joey were wandering forever trying to find you. Look for our sign in the air!