Monday, October 27, 2008

The past few days

For Earl's birthday, the only thing he wanted to do was take Joey somewhere fun, so we went back to the aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores (about 45 min from us).
A Seahorse




Sharks!


Joey getting comfortable.


Ice cream sundae's afterward!











Checking out the huge catfish!






Joey's looking at some yellow frogs--and they're looking right back at him!












We did insist on taking Earl out to eat, at Outback.







Poor Earl got stuck with the worst birthday cake. :-) I didn't realize the frosting to write with that I bought didn't come with the tips, so I had to use the big opening in the bag, so I abbreviated (H.B.E.= Happy Birthday Earl). Poor guy. He didn't mind.






He let Joey help blow out the candles. (My camera settings were messed up and I didn't realize it, so it's blurry).



Earl and his friend Chris wanted to ride their Harley's together for the first time since they've been back (both got new Harley's while in Iraq). Gee, sounds like they have some pretty awesome wives to take care of that for them. :-)














He actually drew this backwards, with the chalk behind his back. When he turned around and saw what he drew, he said "Look mom, I draw a W!" He was so excited.


This is how we killed time while they were gone. Just hanging out.